Augmented Reality (AR) is cutting-edge technology that allows for a digitally enhanced view of the real world (i.e. printed media), connecting you with more meaningful content in your everyday life. With the camera and sensors in a smart phone or tablet, AR adds layers of digital information – videos, photos, sounds – directly on top of items in the world around us. This allows the consumer to interact with your printed ad, which drives traffic to your website, social media and could lead to an immediate sale.
Augmented Reality (AR) is already in the process of changing the ways we shop and sell, explore and travel or play and spend our leisure time. The demand for AR can be considered as gigantic. Almost anybody can be counted among the target group. No wonder, the market prospects for Augmented Reality (AR) are very bright and give reason to expect a huge rise of business volume for the AR market in the upcoming 5 to 10 years. Smartphones and tablets are selling stronger than classic PCs and notebooks. Most of them are already combined with a flat rate internet access. Hence, the portability of locally relevant information will become much more important.
Enriched Reality is a human condition. We always try to enrich our environment information, values and aesthetics. If technology will be effortless to handle, we will use them to merge our real environment with the digital one. When used in conjunction with traditional marketing material, Augmented Reality (AR) can guide potential customers to the answers they are seeking AR is a powerful non-verbal communication tool that can help any business create demand for its products. One of the major benefits or AR is maintaining customer interest. This can be done upon initial introduction, sales demonstration, pitch or presentation. The sharper and more powerful the engagement, the more difficult your competitor’s job becomes. AR eliminates the boredom that typically denotes many presentation methods.
In simple terms, Augmented Reality (AR) technology helps businesses to enhance the five essential phases of commerce i.e.
Design, Discovery, Details, Desire and Delivery.
What can AR do for your Business or Organisation?
- Augmented Reality(AR) is fast becoming the leading force in marketing … converting printed media into instant sales!
- Inform your client … you can convey more information via video feed, without going to a website!
- Interactive and Engaging Marketing Tools... Makes printed media come to life!
- Innovative and Dynamic... You can add any content and change the information!
- Connection of digital and real shopping experience... The client can purchase right from the hard copy printed advert or poster!
- Attract new customers... This is the future of print marketing augmentation.
- Improve Customer Service... Clients can access customer’s services directly and LIVE from a printed magazine, flyers or poster.
- Create a new revenue opportunity from existing customers... The only limit is your imagination.
- Create a marketplace for your customers to buy within the smart-phone app itself... No more "top of mind" targets, instead have instant impulse purchases!
- Extend the brand experience to tablets/smart-phones... The look and feel of your printed and digital brand augmented!
- Consumers are experiencing Augmented Reality(AR) mainly through apps on their smart phone or tablet inside the mobile silo.
- Make the interactive and immersive features of your experience as high quality as possible for your customers.
- AR technology is immersive, persuasive and powerful.
- AR makes it possible for clients to visualise any products regardless of size or location.
- Enriched Marketing – With AR the virtual experience can be enriched by advertising, that is personalized and related to the real-time environment.